Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Platform problems

While trying to print at insane resolution (0.1mm/layer) I had a couple prints stick insanely well to the platform, and while removing them, I managed to gouge my Kapton and aluminum tape layers (missed the PCB :-) ) so I've been trying to figure out a way to make a better platform.

I think I've found a way to both make the new platform, and instantly perfectly level the new platform.

The process would be to bolt a 3-4mm thick 10X10mm aluminum plate to the platform, then temporarily replace the toolhead with a dremel flex-shaft with a ball-end mill in it, and machine off the top layer of the aluminum, making it perfectly flat, and perfectly level with respect to the toolhead.

I'll post more updates as the idea develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing new ideas! Post here if you have some, but beware, posts that seem like spam probably won't get past moderation.